Personalized Business Planning
How To Get Started And Stay In The Business!
This is a highly personalized and intensive one-on-one two-day business workshop for newbies, graduating film students, aspiring operators and experienced operators alike who want a competitive edge in today’s market. This is not a cookie cutter business approach. It is a collaborative process where I help guide you through creating a business and marketing plan based on you, your experience, your location and personal situation. No two individuals are exactly the same and no two plans are the same.
Operating under the premise that “You can always rent equipment but you can’t rent a customer”, we create a personalized step-by-step foundation for your business and marketing plan. This is not a “pre-packaged” plan, it is your plan.
You will leave with a clear understanding of the skills and services you have to offer, your competition, your geographic market landscape, negotiations, pricing strategies, business forms, potential clients, where to find them and how to reach out to them. Most importantly, you will leave with a written business and marketing plan that you can put into presentation format to solicit support from your family and use to apply for bank loans and leases to acquire new equipment.
Your Two-day Personalized Business Consultation Includes
• Fatal Circle Marketing
• Networking > Marketing > Sales
• Suspect > Prospect > Client
• Market Landscape
• Defining Your Suspects and Clients
• Finding Your Suspects and Clients
• Competitive Landscape
• Creating Identity / Collateral
• Marketing Trends
• Local Small to Medium Markets versus Los Angeles
• Social Networking – Personal versus Professional Identity
• Professional Associations
• Contracts and Agreements
• When and How To Say No
• Pricing Strategies for Now and Later
• When and If To Discount Your Rate / Rental
• Union Membership if applicable
• Business Structures and Entities
• Income, Expenses and Hiring the Right CPA
• Negotiating Obstacles
• Defining Success
• Create A Written Action Plan
A hearty healthy lunch plus ample snacks and beverages are provided throughout the day. The lunch break is a working lunch where we continue discussing the any and all aspects of your business program.
PRICING, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cost: $4,000 for businesses – $2,000 for freelancers*
* Freelancers are welcome to bring your spouse or a supportive family member to attend this workshop with you at no additional charge.
Terms: 50% non-refundable deposit*.
Balance due at the beginning of the workshop.
Cash or check. We also accept, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard and American Express with a 5% administration fee for all credit and debit card transactions.
* Cancellation Policy:
Workshop deposits are non-refundable. However, this is all about you and I’m very flexible. As professionals it is sometimes advantageous to reschedule your dates if you are offered other work or jobs that conflict with the date scheduled for your workshop. Sometimes life just happens. As an active working production professional, I will always honor your dates but flexibility goes both ways and mutual flexibility would be appreciated.